Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Lost Producers/Writers,

If you could see me right now, I would stand up and start clapping. Seriously. Bravo! Your season 6 premiere was AMAZING and it was everything I hoped for and more. My stomach was in knots during the entire jam-packed two-hour premiere, but it was the kind of nervousness you get when you meet up with a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Yes, I'm at THAT level of fanatic.

Let's start from the beginning. I started watching Lost when it first began. I sort of stumbled onto the first episode and was immediately sucked in. I stayed with the show through its ups and downs (I'm looking at you, season three) and I feel like I'm in the final stretches of a marathon. There's a sense of sadness that it's going to be over soon, but also a sense of relief at knowing I'll finally be finished. I think Lost is revolutionary television. I have never been so enmeshed and wrapped up in characters as I have been with the people on this show. I love Sawyer. When I was watching the show I told my boyfriend I eventually want to name a son Sawyer, because I LOVE HIM. I used to love Jack, but he's got so many freakin' issues that eventually even his being a doctor couldn't save him. I've always really been into Locke, too. Clearly, I'm a fan of the men that were cast in the show. But seriously, Terry O'Quinn as John Locke is one of the most multi-dimensional, subtly layered performances I've seen. That man is a master and it's like I can't take my eyes off him when he's on the screen. I feel this same way anytime I see Britney Spears or Beyonce perform, but that's a different entry. Don't let that invalidate my Lost opinions...apples and oranges, people.

So going into this last season I'm feeling very optimistic. I am now wondering about the alternate universes and Juliet's dying words (according to Miles) "It worked." I think this means that Juliet somehow knew about the alternate reality in which the passengers of Oceanic 815 actually land safely. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I'm not kidding when I say Lost is something I think about throughout the week, not just when it's airing. Ugh, it's a bit of a sickness really. But at least I'm not dedicating this entire blog to it, right? Right? Yeah, I'm totally on the normal level of obsessed.

High Five,

CB

1 comment:

  1. I'm not against Davis Sawyer, what do you think? I think I was starting to annoy Justin last night with my open adoration of Sawyer. But come on! I was glad when Juliet died so maybe he can get back with Kate. Cause you're right, it can't happen with Jack any more.

    What was going on in Season 3?

    Oh, I was thinking that I wish Eric (True Blood), was played by Sawyer. Hello, sexy vampire!

    ReplyDelete