Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Swellest Season of All

I met a cute boy last night who was sort of awkward, but in a charming way (not unlike myself). We had a brief conversation whilst waiting in a line, and I couldn't help but think how nice it is when you meet certain people and there's just an ease to your interaction with them. The kind where you just automatically have stuff to talk about without trying insanely hard to find some kernel of common ground. And maybe that's the best way to meet people...striking up conversations in lines at concerts, or the grocery store, or wherever. Something about that indefinable spark you have with certain people...it's like a little baby rush.

Speaking of rushes, every single time I get into a conversation with someone about the movie "Inception" I feel like my mind is going 1,000 miles per hour. If you haven't seen this movie yet, please do yourself a favor and go. Aside from "The Kids are Alright" (which I haven't seen yet, but plan to because everyone says it's amazing)I think it's definitely the best movie to come out this summer. I know, I'm marring the good name of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," but let's be real. I enjoyed that movie as well, but more for its absurdity and buffet of beautiful men. Although, in that respect, "Inception" and "Eclipse" do have something in common. Chock full of gorgeous men. Just bursting at the seams with hunks. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt! The kid that used to look like a baby lesbian has really matured into something magnificent. He's so talented. Seriously. I love him, and if you don't yet you will too. Just trust me on this one.

In other summer entertainment news, I'm currently without cable (because of a move) and I feel a little bit like dying. Seriously, I've been cable-free for about a week and a half, and it feels like an eternity. Aside from "The Bachelorette," (which I watch with my ladies every Monday) I'm totally missing all my summer shows. I have NO CLUE what's happening on Top Chef. Which makes me really sad. True Blood? I got nothing. Ugh, it hurts my heart. Look, I know some people are fine being TV or cable-free, but I'm clearly not one of those people. I gotta get it back and soon, because season two of "Friends" on DVD just ain't cuttin' it anymore! So in the meantime, please don't spoil my shows for me...God knows once we get our cable back I'll be DVR'ing like a sonofabitch.

High five.

No comments:

Post a Comment